Operation Hope 2013
We are so excited for this years Operation Hope Event! We are focusing 5 months of giving hope & encouragement to our local community. We will be serving our community everyday & we will be organising various events. This whole project will be taking place from October 14 - March 30
1) Community Outreaches- We will be having outreaches eveyday & evening in various suburbs around the Auckland area. We will have live music, rapping dancing, games & free saussage sizzles in the parks & communities. We also will be sharing about the dangers & negative effects of drugs, gangs & crime. We will be handing out the flyers to personally invite & give awareness about our Community Fun Day & Blood In Blood Out events. (Full Outreach Schedule)
2) School Assemblies- We are planning to be in a few High Schools sharing our testimonies regarding the negative effects of gangs, drugs & crime. The goal is to share the hope of living life without drug, alcohol & crime.
3) Mt Eden Serco Prison- We will be taking a team of church members to share live music, a short skit & a few testimonies about how many of us have received victory over the vices of drugs, gangs & crime. We also want to share that there is hope to live a life free from crime, addiction & imprisonment.
4) Family Fundays- We will be having a community fun day for the whole family to enjoy. This will be held on November 2, 2013 & March 15, 2014 at 158 Kolmar Road Papatoetoe from 12pm-5pm in our church parking lot.There will be games, jumping castles, food, motorcycles on display, free haircuts for kids (2pm-5pm), live music & prizes to give away!
5) Live Plays on Stage:
- Blood In, Blood Out- This is the Live Drama, which is the true story of Art Blajos. This event will be at 16 Puhinui Road Papatoetoe (Papatoetoe SDA Church- across from Burger King on Great South Rd & Puhinui Road) on Friday November 8th & Saturday November 9th. Art Blajos will be sharing his story with us about his former life as a Mexican Mafia Hitman & a long time gang member. Blajos changed his life over 20 years ago & has been travelling the world sharing a message of Hope & works hard at detering people away from the lifestyles of crime, violence, drug addiction & gangs. He is a motivational speaker & a true example of God's Amazing Grace! (More on Arts Bio)
- Year 5 Scrooge- A childrens musical that encourages & motivates families that Christmas is a time to rejoice & celebrate the blessings of life. It's funny, sad, exciting & well worth you & your family's time. This is completely free & it will be taking place at 158 Kolmar Road Papatoetoe on Sunday December 22, 2013 at 6pm (doors open at 5:30pm).
We would love to have your support, prayers, partnership & presence at this awesome event ahead of us. We believe that through this event we will:
PREVENT our young generation away from the lifestyles of gangs, drugs, violence & abuse with a dynamic drama which portrays the misery & lonliness this lifestyle brings.
INTERVENE in someones life who has already gone down this path & is searching & wondering if there is still hope & a chance for true and lasting change.
INSPIRE our local community that change & hope is very much possible and available for our families & lives.
EMPOWER our community, youth workers, social workers, community leaders & families to continue the work & love for their community because there is always hope even until the last breath.
If you would like to get involved or support this amazing event in any way please contact us on (09) 277-4971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to have your support in any way possible!